Arch / Manjaro friendly wifi dongle

I have just moved to a house where I can't get an Ethernet connection
to the broadband 'modem' so I need to finally adopt a wifi setup to
connect my two desktops and random Raspberry Pi and Arduinos to the
'modem' & the internet.
That raises two problems:
I don't know anything about wifi except for my Acer Nitro 5 just asked
for a password then worked.
The only brand of wifi hardware sold by any of the local shops is
TP-Link brand. I have one of their Archer T3U AC1300 dongles that is
listed as might work. I tried to build it on the laptop with aur but
the package errors with 'ERROR: Missing xxx kernel headers for module
rtl88x2bu/5.13.1r179.a2ac3b2' where xxx is one of a list including
sys, srv, boot, home, etc, bin, rootfs-pkgs.txt, desktopfs-pkgs.txt,
run, usr, lib, dev, lost+found, lib64, tmp, opt, proc, mnt, sbin, var,
root
I tried to build the driver on the desktop but makepkg immediately
crashed because I have no internet connection.
The laptop is 6 months more up-to-date than the desktops that have
been in storage.
What I'm looking for is
1. a way to build the driver for the Archer T3U
and/or
2. the make/model of a dongle that will work
and/or
3. other options?
I have tried Ether of Power setup but the basement my daughter has
relegated me to is on a different circuit to the rest of the house.

please help
mick in the dungeon