Re: About the wiki's CAPTCHA system

Hello,

On the one hand, you say to make it more difficult, on the other hand, you say to make it easier.
Obviously, this captcha is just to weed out the barest minimum of script kiddies.

99% of botters are just script kiddies, so this is very effective xD

Like, changing your SSH port isn't the same as securing your system, but it gets rid of 99% of the automated attacks.

Yup, I used to argue against this until I realised how many script kiddies it got rid of, instantly changed my mind about the idea. But I would like to highlight it does not improve security, it just gets rid of annoying spammers (well some of them).

This current captcha also works great for people with visual impairments as the commands they need to run are all text based.

Arch Linux community contains a lot of neurodivergents and disabled which are overlooked a lot. It would be a disfavor for them if we made it harder for them.

FWIW: I'm not in charge of any decisions here, just giving my opinion

Only the Admins are, so I guess keep them on your good side (I already failed this so its all over for me).
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760