Re: kernel 6.1 : suspend/resume problem - s2idle interference

Hello,

Just as a disclaimer, it can be very difficult to update your BIOS/UEFI, as the majority of the proprietary tools required only run on windows, I am not sure if they can be emulated through wine, but it can be very difficult to update without explicit linux support.

Normally just having a windows disk somewhere and switch to windows to install it could work. If you use lenovo they do everything through their proprietary windows application (lenovo vantage), which makes it even harder to update.

Thankfully SOME Lenovo laptops can be updated natively on Linux.

As for the suspend/resume issue, I assume this is an issue with the linux kernel build, grub is just a bootloader so I doubt configuring that would fix the problem.

I would check the kernel configuration, the kernel controls how it is suspended and resumed and the modules must be compiled to function properly!

Hope this helps,
Polarian