Mailing list quirks

Dear mailing list admin,

while I still received emails from the mailing list, I couldn't log in.
After (re-)subscribing I can log in again.

Please add " " to the subject.

Some mailing lists don't use such an identifier in the subject, but a
lot of mailing lists for good reasons do. It's apparently possible to
prepend the list name and to keep the DKIM signature intact or they
break it, but it doesn't matter. I don't know.

Why is this identifier useful?

For example, if you have got a virtual search folder with a filter, that
searches the email bodies for "x11" in folders for different mailing
lists, it can be very helpful, if the subject lines mention "[arch-
general] ", "[Alsa-user] ", "[Evolution] ", "[lubuntu-users] " etc. to
get a first overview.

For several reasons such an identifier can be useful. For each of those
reasons somebody probably has got an objection, how to do things
different, so that the identifier is unneeded. Yes, it's not needed, but
it's useful/helpful for some people, in some cases, while there's
unlikely a good reason to be annoyed by " ".

Regards,
Ralf