Linux server crash causing router switch to stop working

Been experiencing a weird issue several times recently that's got me stumped.

A couple of weeks ago, my entire home network went dead right in the middle of a zoom call. Same problem happened again late last night. The problem is intermittent/occasional: everything runs without issue for several days, then suddenly crashes.

I figured the issue was a problem with my wifi router, but after much debugging I don't think that's the case. I have a new (Arch) linux server I built a few weeks ago. What seems to be happening is that my server crashes for some reason - and then looks like it's causing the ethernet LAN switch inside my router to stop working. (I verified that when I unplug the server's network cable the router starts working again, and when I plug it back in the router stops.)

My best guess as to what's happening is that when the server crashes it's somehow either flooding the network, or sending out invalid network packets, and so making the router inoperable. I have no idea what could cause this, though, or how to fix it. (Or even if this is definitely the issue.) I also have no way to know if this is an issue with my server hardware vs. say an issue in a recent kernel upgrade, since the server is so new.

Server is running Arch, and is kept very up to date. It's using the on-board LAN chip on the mobo - Realtek RTL8125 2.5GbE (network module r8169, RTL8125B chip/firmware).

Router is a Netgear R8000, running dd-wrt (r47097).

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

DR