problem booting and using the installation media

Hi,

I am trying to boot the installation media on a small embedded system already running linux. Everything boots fine until udev starts loading modules. Approximately when the install media reach the bash prompt, the display gets garbled. I suspect that this is when the graphic mode switch from text to graphic.

I have been fooling around with the video and the vga kernel cmdline params but I haven't been able to find something that works.

When booting the existing system and doing:

cat /sys/devices/virtual/vtconsole/vtcon0

I have this:

(S) VGA+

The graphic chipset on this system is:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation System Controller Hub (SCH Poulsbo) Graphics Controller [8086:8108] (rev 07)

Does someone have suggestions of things to try to use the installation media on this system?

Thank you,
Olivier

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.