Re: Joining mp3's --> Floating point exceptionffmpeg

Am 26.07.2012 17:52, schrieb satisficer:
On 2012-07-25, Nelson Marambio <nelsonmarambio@xxxxxx> wrote:

for joining audio dramas (d/l from Amazon) which come along in
MP3-Format I use a short script

mp3wrap tmp.mp3 *.mp3

Does anyone have an advice for me?

For a quick, dirty, and temporary solution:

I use `cat` to join mp3 files. I believe the headers from 1st file are the
ones that get copied to the new file. Once I tag the new file it works fine.
This won't be great for keeping chapter numbers, etc. but it will allow you
to listen to the full drama.

     cat file1.mp3 file2.mp3 file3.mp3 > newfile.mp3

I'll install `mp3wrap` and see if I can learn anything.

Well, the cat-concept was the one I tried before - it may work fine for mp3s with CBR, but with VBR it fails because you get an inaccurate track length.

My solution yesterday was to re-encode the separate mp3s with lame, so I have files with CBR. Then the shell script worked fine again and stable.

After all I don't have to spend more time on preparing the d/l. It doesn't take longer if I first merge the mp3s and then export the file with Audacity to CBR or if I first encode the mp3s to CBR and merge them afterwards.

Curious enough that Amazon delivered VBR/ABR mp3s all the time but ffmpeg just has problems with some of them. But I'm human and satisfied being unable to understand everything. :D

Kind regards,
Nelson.