Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** OT: PA raise it's ugly head again, oh no, please not that again, Was: Muting internal speakers

Am 17.06.2012 13:11, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 15:30 +0100, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
He may be a Troll for hijacking the thread, though I haven't followed
the thread closely enough to say so.

He isn't a troll since there where stupid recommendations to install PA
to a system where PA already is installed. The PA "fanboys" recommended
it, before thinking and Heiko just said, that it's not smart to
recommend PA, as soon as audio doesn't work.

You are a worse Troll because you haven't added any value at all.

No, IIRC he was the only one who at least linked to a scrip that can be
used with a shortcut or launcher and mentioned, that it might be
possible to add some lines that take care of mounted USB devices.

So again, much noise regarding to big nothing :D.

Agreed ! Still I wonder why the discussion hand to end up this way. At least there were some constructive suggestions so to say from Oon-Ee, Ralf, Mike and two more guys AFAIR.

To say it again I asked a quite technical question. The GENERAL (dis-)advantages of related software (or with other needs) may be discussable but then it also should be a separate discussion.

I will have a close look at Oon-Ee's script and poljarinho's module hint. Guess one or both will work.

Best regards,
Nelson.