Re: Intel AES-NI instructions error

On 01/20/2012 03:40 PM, Jan Steffens wrote:
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Don Juan<donjuansjiz@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I just noticed today after a fresh reboot that whenever my laptop connects
now wirelessly, I get a new message in dmesg saying:
Intel AES-NI instructions are not detected.

Figuring was a bad boot or something along those lines I tried a couple more
reboots, to no avail. It is still mentioning this once I connect to wifi,
does not show up if I just leave the machine running not wirelessly
connected.

 From what I read online nothing seems to be relating to wifi, most things I
have read is to attach quiet to the boot commands and that would solve it,
well I already have quiet and it does not show up during boot its only once
the wifi card is used. I could not find anything that appeared to be similar
or related. Does anyone know why this error is now showing up? Everything is
updated right before I rebooted the last time, the only things that changed
today for me were gnutils and another x-keyboard config update. Should I be
worried about this or?

Thanks for any help and info
This is just an informational message about your CPU's capabilities
(or lack of them), not an error.
In this case, specialized AES instructions are not available, so the
code uses the more compatible (but slower) path.
OK thanks, just weird it just started showing up, never use to see this before until either todays or yesterdays updates, so I was making sure it was nothing to worry about.