Re: ArchBang and other derivates resemblance to Arch

On 02/07/2011 11:12 AM, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 11:07 +0200, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
On 02/07/2011 10:51 AM, Olivier Keun wrote:

What are your thoughts about this? I'm hoping to get an official reaction
from our dev-team, so we can avoid some of the confusion that is present
now.

there is nothing wrong with this distro and others distros that have
arch as a base.

Is good that the users are interested in this spins and that are
discussions about them on our forum.

Would this mean modifications need to be made on our forum policy (as
cited by Olivier?).

Personally I see ArchBang as similar enough to Arch that most
help/problem-solving is probably pretty identical. Its not the same as
Chakra was, after all. But clear policy helps.

asking information about the ArchBang doesn't fit in the policy that Oliver pointed. That is my opinion.

if ArchBang have their own repo with custom packages but if somebody is asking for help that involves their installation procedure, they should be redirected to ArchBang forum. They have their own bugtracker too and all ArchBug should be reported there.

--
Ionuț