Re: Dev Jr Question

On 05/05/10 01:55, Marcelo Alaniz wrote:
Hi All,

I am new on this list, but not with Arch Linux, I've read in
http://www.archlinux.org/news/496/ that you were or are looking for
junior dev.

I was thinking to apply to become a TU but now, I am not sure If it's
better to apply to become dev jr, what will be the difference?.

Is there any official announcement about new "dev jr" or something
that you will show? any status or something?.

Well just this curiosity, thanks for your time guys!

I'd say apply to be a TU if you think you have the skills to be one. To be thinking about applying to be a TU shows you have some interest in bringing something into the [community] repo and being a TU gives you much more freedom in this regard. Also, unmaintained packages in [extra] often get dropped to [community] when a TU is interested in them. We also look upon TUs favourably when wanting new devs, so you really miss out on nothing.

Well, that is my advise anyway, I also think that a lot of the lesser used packages in [extra] should be moved to [community] and many more popular packages in the AUR should be promoted. That would work better it the numbers of TUs swelled significantly so I encourage new applications.

Allan