Re: Package release bump?

Baho Utot wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 23:04 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
Baho Utot wrote:
I am following the process for the rebuild of all the package that
depends on libjpeg.

When rebuilding packages due to another package like libjpeg does the
package release number for the dependent package get bumped?
If I understand you correctly, you can add a versioned dependency on the updated pkgrel.

e.g. imagemagick in [testing] has deps on lcms>=1.18-2 and libwmf>=0.2.8.4-5

Allan

For example:

(from another email for libjpeg

Giovanni Scafora <giovanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<arch-dev-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 	Re: [arch-dev-public] WARNING: libjpeg rebuilds are entering
[testing] - devs get building!
)

"I just rebuilt following pkgs for testing x86_64 only:

xmoto
scribus
kile
kdetv
graphicsmagick
gimp-ufraw
hugin
enblend-enfuse
kipi-plugins
stellarium
tuxpuck
transcode
fox
centerim

Do the packages above get the pkgrel bumped because of the change in libjpeg

Or does the pkgrel number stay the same?

I have a "builder script" that does an abs sync the builds only the
packages in core/extra/local that have changed.  It runs from cron on
Sunday 1:00am.  If I make a new PKGBUILD for a package I need I place it
into "local" and the script then builds it automatically.  I build the
whole core/extra/local with optimizations for AMD k8.

I then sync all my boxen from my repos.

If the soname changes as in libjpeg and the packages that use libjpeg
don't change ( the pkgrel stays the same ) then the only package that
gets built would be libjpeg and none of the ones that depend on it.

I hope that helps to explain my question.

OK, the definitely the pkgrel gets changed. How else would pacman know to update the package?

Allan