Re: WPA2 - How to set with ACX card??

Andrei Thorp schrieb:
Anyway, netcfg: I was a bit skeptical about this whole idea of
non-automatic wireless via command line and specifically configuration
files, but I must say, it's pretty nice overall. There are
occasionally a couple glitches here and there (like just now, it
didn't notice that my connection dropped and the profile stayed on.
Solved by just turning it off/on manually.), but in the whole, this is
the most solid, most automatic network system I've used. Setting up
profiles, it turns out, is pretty much as simple as typing in your
network information into your normal network manager. netcfg is also
conveniently tied into rc.conf, so you can just dump your common
networks in there in order of preference and you're done. I love this
-- networkmanager still frequently connects to the neighbours'
wireless rather than my own.

I once wrote autowifi (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Autowifi) which I use constantly and it serves me well. The wiki article describes how it works and why.

I am planning to integrate this into netcfg (which has a less powerful auto-wireless mode) at some point, but it might be next year until that happens. I also have to convince James that my way of doing things is better so he merges it into the official netcfg. But then, those are future plans.