Re: WPA2 - How to set with ACX card??

David C. Rankin schrieb:
Listmates,

	My second Arch box is now complete (well almost:-) This time a desktop box
with a zytel wireless lan adapter using the TI acx chipset and its firmware 2
is the acx111_2.3.1.31/tiacx111c16 firmware slice. The card is detected and
works fine it think... I can open kwifimanager and it has my access point
associated and I can watch the generic packets blip by and watch the strength
meter do its thing, but I cannot authenticate :-(

Short answer: Throw that thing away!

Long answer: There is an opensource driver (tiacx, I think that is the one from the repos) that was reverse-engineered, but IIRC has no support for anything but WEP or Open. According to some linux wireless guys (sorry, I don't have a source here, I only recall this from memory) this driver was not created by proper clean-room techniques, so they cannot reuse the code.

There is another driver called tiacx-mac80211 that should support WPA and such, but is apparently very broken/unfinished and was created from the tiacx source, so the above applies again.

The only chance of getting reliable WPA with the tiacx chipset is probably ndiswrapper.