Re: libnotify as optdepend in thunar?

Was it a warning or an error? If it was just a warning and thunar did
the right thing regardless, it sounds like it's a missing optdepends
as you say. If it actually stopped working or was hindered in some
way, it's probably a missing depend.

Anyway, you're probably right. Libnotify is frequently an optional
dependency that adds a nice abstraction layer to notifications. One
thing that I found nifty is that my window manager/ DE (Awesome WM)
actually catches libnotify events and displays its own pop-ups.

Cheers,

-AT