Re: Repository download speed? Any way to improve?

David C. Rankin wrote:
David Rosenstrauch wrote:
The mirrorlist file that you see reference 3 times in the pacman.conf is
telling pacman which mirror to use.  IIRC, by default the mirror list
points to the main arch site, but that site intentionally has bandwidth
limitations placed on it in order to encourage people's use of the
mirror sites.  So edit the mirror list making a different mirror have
higher priority (i.e., appearing earlier in the file) and that should
solve the problem.

For example, my mirrorlist file lists a load of mirrors, all commented
out.  Then at the end of the file I added:

Server = http://mirror.rit.edu/archlinux/$repo/os/x86_64
Server = http://archlinux.unixheads.org/$repo/os/x86_64
Server = http://mirrors.easynews.com/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/x86_64

HTH,

DR

	More than helps, that was exactly what I needed.

Cool.  Glad you were able to get up and running quickly.

All said, pacman isn't that
much different than zypper on openSuSE, I just have to learn its nuances. (now
if I could just learn to not automatically type a k in pacman, I'd have it made ;-)

Why on earth would you ever have learned to spell pacman with a "k"?!?!?!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman :-)

DR