Re: UDEV

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Amanai <amanai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:27:32 -0700, Xavier <shiningxc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Amanai <amanai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there no maintaince on udev anymore?

This is my fault. I grabbed maintainership of udev when Tobias took a
vacation, and real life has hit me like a sack of bricks, so I have
little time these days to do much.

This Wed afternoon I plan on running through all my outdated packages
and updating them. I will make udev a priority.

Cheers,
Aaron

Udev is a ton of work. Right now, we use a mix of udev upstream rules and our own rules, and we should probably switch to upstream rules as much as possible. But that means lots of testing and stuff and lots of reading rules and see if they are right for Arch. And of course, updating klibc-udev to the same state as udev. I wanted to do it once, then didn't have the time.