Re: SSH Keys

Vitor Garcia wrote:
Hello, All.

I'm trying to configure my ssh keys on a remote machine but something
is going wrong. I've made exactly as it was explained on the Arch wiki
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Using_SSH_Keys), but the remote
machine keeps requesting me the password when I log in (I've used no
passphrase so it is not supposed that I'd be prompted for the password
everytime).

Does anyone have an idea of what I may have made wrong?

Cheers,

* Make sure you chmod'ed the keys to the right permissions. SSH has a security feature where it will ignore keys that are publicly visible.

* Make sure the ssh daemon on the remote machine is configured with "PubkeyAuthentication yes" and "AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys" in the sshd_config

If those don't fix it, then crank up the logging level of the SSH daemon on the remote machine to see why it's rejecting the key login.

HTH,

DR