Re: Tool to stop and start services? (Don't Panic)

Nigel Henry wrote:

Hi Nicolas. Thanks for your aldc python programme. aldc list all shows all the running, and stopped services. I've only tried stopping, and starting vsftpd, while trying to ftp into the Archlinux machine from my FC2 install using gftp. The vsftpd service stopped ok, and could no longer access the archlinux machine using gftp. Then did aldc start vsftpd. gftp was still running, and retrying on the FC2 machine, and soon the directory list turned up in gftp on FC2.

Your python program seems to be fine. it would be nice if it were more interactive, like the sysv-rc-conf program on Debian, but we can't have everything, and I'm willing to work with this.

Thanks for your reply, and the program.

Nigel.

Hello Nigel.

I appreciate your reply. I take it that you by interactive refer to some sort of ncurses interface. I have yet to decide what form aldc will shape into and will keep a ncurses interface in mind as a future possibility.

Regards.