Re: New User(sort of) and a packaging question

Jason,

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Jason Chu wrote:

Ok, after building the PKGBUILD and running namcap on it, I got these
messages:

[jchu@wingnut a]$ namcap c3270-3.3.7p1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
c3270      W: Dependency included but already satisfied (ncurses)
c3270      W: Dependency included but already satisfied (readline)

On my box, when I run namcap on the package built from the PKGBUILD I sent you, I get:

c3270      W: Dependency included and not needed (ncurses)
c3270      W: Dependency included and not needed (openssl)
c3270      W: Dependency included and not needed (readline)

And, if I remove all the dependencies, it doesn't report any missing dependencies. It sounds like at the very least it should report openssl as a missing dependency if it's removed. Is there perhaps something I'm missing on my system? It's a fresh install, installed last Friday, from the current ISO and all recent updates have been applied via yaourt.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX