RE: Apache 2.x configuration for high load servers

When i mentioned this to our hosting company they actually agreed with us,
and went further and said, that we should use something called realtime, but
the kernel version we have with CentOS does not support it, so they used
noatime. They did not have to reboot , they did a mount -o /partition_name

Not sure of the performance increase, but I am sure it helps a bit....
:)
Thanks guys!

Rob Morin
Systems Administrator