RE: Apache 2.x configuration for high load servers

> Nor sure I understand where you say memcache is slow, we uses memcache
> for session variables and for mysql query caching. I did not think
> there was anything as reliable and fast or faster than that? Can you
> elaborate on file-based-cache fro mysql querrie?

Bostjan Skufca replied already however I'll say that mod_disk_cache is a great tool.  But only on those pages which are high
traffic, dynamic and most importantly are not customized based on session or IP address.   You would not need to use any other
caching tools like memcache - because the preassembled, compressed/zipped page is already assembled, sitting on disk - the page is
just read off the disk and sent to the clients.  Queries will not be run, code will not be executed - basically you're serving a
static page right off the disk.

You can see how this would both speed up the serving of the page and free up the database (and RAM) to do other things.

Thanks,

Geoff Millikan @ http://www.t1shopper.com/