Re: Apache modify source code

On May 16, 2011 12:30 , marco <marcodisano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As you told me, I have read how to use mod_perl. For my goal, as I expalin you in the previous mail, I can use mod perl to create an handler that will be executed corresponding to any phase of httpRequest.

For example, the PerlPostRequestHandler is executed after the apache server receives the http request and it did its parsing. So, in this way, when this handler is invoked I can do in it all the things I want. But I ask you if this handler is executed in parallel or it is executed in a sequential mode?
Do you think am I on the right?Have you never work with these handler?

I have never done this.  Hooks and handlers are executed sequentially, though:  each request is handled by a single thread, and only one thing is happening for a single request at any given point in time.  For your other mod_perl related questions, please ask on the mod_perl users' mailing list.

As Eric pointed out, the main advantage of mod_perl is if you're already very comfortable with Perl or very uncomfortable with C.
--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx