RE: webservice clustering trouble

Hi Jeroen, actually I am using the latest versions. It just appears to
you that I am not because of the mod_jk-1.2.31-httpd-2.2.3.so filename.

My httpd is version 2.2.17. And as far as I can see on the Tomcat
Connectors download homepage, the latest version of those is 1.2.3.

But I guess the fact that the filename says "-httpd-2.2.3" is weird. I
got it from here :
http://apache.mirror.anlx.net//tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win3
2/jk-1.2.31/

In my conf file I keep all the defaults (except for updating the ips,
ports, and paths to doc root, log file locations, etc.). Since it works
when not running a load test, I assume it is ok.

Here is the bit where I load my module and add some extra properties for
the loadtest:

# Load module

LoadModule jk_module "<snip path>/mod_jk-1.2.31-httpd-2.2.3.so"

# Specify path to worker configuration file
JkWorkersFile "<snip path>/workers.properties"

# Configure logging and memory
JkLogFile "logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel fine

# loadbalancer is the lb worker
JkMount / loadbalancer
JkMount /* loadbalancer

# Configure monitoring
JkMount /jkmanager/* jkstatus
<Location /jkmanager>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from localhost
</Location>

# And some extra properties for the loadtests
MaxRequestsPerChild 100000
ThreadsPerChild 1000
KeepAlive On

I mean it works when asking it to do stuff one by one slowly. But breaks
on the loadtest.

Could
"
14-Jan-2011 15:18:45 org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage processHeader
SEVERE: Invalid message recieved with signature 28276
"
Mean some sort of network trouble? Headers being corrupted due to too
many of them or something?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lukas

Lukas Sklenar
t +44 (0)1483 817132 | m +44 (0) 7786 374324 www.detica.com

p.s. The disclaimers get added on automatically ;-)