2011/1/10 John Doe <jdmls@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Γιώργος Κατωποδης <yiorgoskatopodis@xxxxxxxxx>
>I run ubuntu 10.04.1 on a virtual linode server. When i change the default port

>80 to 8081 or 81 (because another application needs to run on the port 80
>-nginx-) and then browse my domain name, i must write in the browser window
>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8081 (or 81) in order to go in my site. When i just write the ip
>
>address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx the browser responds with a broken link comment.
>Is it something i can do about it???

It is expected behavior...  Port 80 is the default http port.
If you do not specify a port in your URL, your browser will assume it is 80 and
so will point to your nginx.
If nginx is in front and proxy to apache, you have a problem with your nginx
configuration...
If not, it is normal behavior (but you still have a problem with your nginx
configuration).

JD