Re: invalid response from Proxy dns lookup failure

When my proxy pass entries look as follows

  ProxyPass /app1 http://192.168.1.3:8080/app1
  ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.3
  ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://192.168.1.3:8080/app1
  ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.3

  then some one from internet is able to
access the sites.But from within LAN people are unable to access it.

How ever if I use

  ProxyPass /app1 http://site1.myserver.com:8080/app1
  ProxyPass / http://site1.myserver.com
  ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://site1.myserver.com:8080/app1
  ProxyPassReverse / http://site1.myserver.com

then things work on LAN but from internet it is not accessible and
errors are the ones I mentioned while starting the  thread.

What can be a solution in this case as I do not have a DNS at my
disposal I am simply not allowed to have one.

Add the entry to the host table of the reverse proxy.

Joost