Re: invalid response from Proxy dns lookup failure

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Joost de Heer <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/10/2011 08:17 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>>
>> Ok here is a situation  today morning I had rebooted the server and I
>> observed and I see response for one of the application complaining
>> http://myserver.com/app1
>>
>> This is the error I see in browser
>>
>> Proxy Error
>>
>> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /app1.
>>
>> Reason: DNS lookup failure for: myserver.com
>
> Your proxy host can't resolve myserver.com
>
>> http://pastebin.com/aXceB1wt
>
> Is there a special reason why you have a proxypass to http, but a
> proxypassreverse to https?
Thanks that was a mistake indeed.
Apart from this I  found some thing which I feel is the root cause of
the entire problem

When my proxy pass entries look as follows

 ProxyPass /app1 http://192.168.1.3:8080/app1
 ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.3
 ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://192.168.1.3:8080/app1
 ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.3

 then some one from internet is able to
access the sites.But from within LAN people are unable to access it.

How ever if I use

 ProxyPass /app1 http://site1.myserver.com:8080/app1
 ProxyPass / http://site1.myserver.com
 ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://site1.myserver.com:8080/app1
 ProxyPassReverse / http://site1.myserver.com

then things work on LAN but from internet it is not accessible and
errors are the ones I mentioned while starting the  thread.

What can be a solution in this case as I do not have a DNS at my
disposal I am simply not allowed to have one.
Is there any other way because my websites are inside a corporate LAN
whose domain name is different from the ones I mentioned above as
myserver.com