Re: httpd choking (503 errors) when stressing mod_proxy

Thanks for the responses!

@jeroen:

- There is no bandwidth difference between the connections. Both the client and the host are either running on the same machine or on the same LAN (I have tested on both and see the problem in both cases)
- I have increased TCP receiver buffers, and that has alleviated the problem but it's not a feasible solution for my application.
- I am running httpd on Windows (I have tried both Windows 7 and Windows XP)
- These are my MPM details:

Timeout 300
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

- I have configured my reverse proxy using rewrite rules with the [P] directive

This is an example:

RewriteRule ^files/(.*)$      http://localhost:16/$1  [P]

- I did not set any ProxyPass options in my config.

@nick:

- The transfer never kicks off because the server is returning 503 errors, I am interpreting this as both uploads and downloads failing.
- I am not using AcceptFilter; I can research it and see if I can use it in this application.
- I am not using the proxy balancer

Thanks again,
Ahmed

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:18:57 -0800
Ahmed Bakir <abakirwork@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could anyone provide some insight on the different behavior between 2.0.x
> and 2.2.x?

Apart from what adaptr said ...

Is it uploads or downloads that are failing?
Does the setting of AcceptFilter in 2.2 make any difference to this problem?
Are you using the proxy balancer?

--
Nick Kew