port 80 or port 8080

Hello,

First, I want to say " Thanks Tom for your advice regarding choosing network domain". Now, I need another advice regarding installation of Apache on my own PC.

I read through the doc for installation of  Apache 2.2.17 HTTP server on Microsoft Windows. The Apache can't share the same port with other TCP/IP application, even the client application such as Skype, which use port 80.  But I want to use Apache HTTP server and also the Skype. Does that mean I have to use port 8080 for current user only, or install Apache on a different PC which I won't use Skype? I have at least 3 PCs on the same network, one desktop, two Laptops. These 3 PCs are connected to a Westell VersaLink Model327W Router, which connects to Internet.

Is it easier to install Apache on Linux than on Microsoft Windows?

Thanks. Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

Susan