Re: Apache failing to start after upgrade.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Justin Pasher <justinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Just FYI on OpenSSL/FreeBSD:

OpenSSL is part of the base FreeBSD installation, there are no
packages, and all appropriate security fixes are backported to
maintained security branches. In FreeBSD 8.1/8-STABLE, the base
OpenSSL is 0.9.8n.

If you want to run a later version than that offered by your FreeBSD
version, then you can install from ports/pkg newer versions.
IIRC there is a flag you can set in /etc/make.conf to override the
base openssl, so that everything (from ports) links with the ports
version - WITH_OPENSSL_PORTS=YES

Sorry I can't help with the OP's problem - perhaps ask on
freebsd-apache@xxxxxxxxxxx (+ perhaps questions@, that gets a lot of
eyeballs).

Cheers

Tom