Re: Options for multiple SSL domains on 1 server

>>> I'm surprised it's necessary since I'm not using name-based virtual
>>> hosting.  Should I have ServerName in the port 80 vhost blocks or is
>>> it sufficient in the SSL blocks?
>>
>> without it, the site visitors will only get the ip address url. even on
>> http sites.
>
> Not in 2.2.x by default they won't. See UseCanonicalName.

In case it's useful for anyone:

Default:	UseCanonicalName Off

With UseCanonicalName Off Apache will form self-referential URLs using
the hostname and port supplied by the client if any are supplied
(otherwise it will use the canonical name, as defined above). These
values are the same that are used to implement name based virtual
hosts, and are available with the same clients. The CGI variables
SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT will be constructed from the client
supplied values as well.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname

- Grant