Re: Options for multiple SSL domains on 1 server

>> I'm sorry that this message is not as detailed as it could be.  This
>> is my third attempt at sending it.  It keeps tripping the spam filter,
>> probably because of all the IP and domain references.
> odd, the list isn't configured to trip on ip or domain references. must
> be a glitch somewhere between then, unless your own mail system is
> scanning outbound and it's triggering the spam there.

I got:

    users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 552 552 spam score (5.5) exceeded threshold
(state 18).

>> I'm baffled because even if I enter the IP after https in a browser,
>> I'm presented with the wrong SSL cert.  I used openssl on the command
>> line to be sure I had named the certificates correctly.  Any ideas?
>
> we really will need to see the conf file for the listen and the vhost
> sections, someone may see the issue faster then.

It was ServerName.  I had ServerName defined as www.example1.com in
Gentoo's /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/default_vhost.include.  I removed it
from there and added it to each of my SSL VirtualHost blocks and now
everything works.  I noticed that removing ServerName entirely works
for Firefox, but in that case SSL wouldn't work for either domain in
Opera.

I thought ServerName was just a label like ServerAdmin.  Should I be
OK having it defined only in each of my SSL VirtualHost blocks?

Thanks a lot for everyone's help with this.

- Grant