Re: Options for multiple SSL domains on 1 server

>> The "virtualhost for each SSL host" is what I mean by separate
>> apache2
>> configs.  I'd like to be able to define different domain names on the
>> fly within my perl scripts without changing apache2 config.  Maybe
>> we're just not there yet?
>
> You can also use things like mod_macro to enable that kind of flexibility.

I looked at mod_macro but it seems to essentially be a framework for
setting and reading variable values within the apache2 config files.
What I'd like to do is allow new SSL domains to be defined from the
web in an automatic fashion without the need for SSH access.  At this
point I'm thinking something that generates a new vhost config file
for each domain name would be perfect.  It could use a template for
each file and just change the IP address and SSL certificate/key
references.  Does something like this exist?

I've read references to "pre-processing apache2 config files with
perl".  Is that the way to go here?

- Grant