Re: WebDAV: Is that possible to set owner and group of new files created in WebDAV share?

Hi,

Chee Yang Chau schrieb am 16.09.2010 16:39 Uhr:

I have my WebDAV share active in Apache 2.2 in Fedora 13. I also able to access the WebDAV from my Windows 7 desktop. I use the WebDAV from Win7 desktop just like normal samba share folder.

However, I notice the owner and group of the new files created in WebDAV are all apache.apache instead my authenticated user name. In Samba share, the ownership of newly created files follow logon user name.

Is that possible to make the newly created files in WebDAV share follow authenticated user id?
As in most cases the webdav user is virtual to the underlying system (because they are in ldap, sql or .htusers file), there is no uid for the user - so what uid do you want the files to be owned by? This cannot work.

Marc