Re: WebDAV: Is that possible to set owner and group of new files created in WebDAV share?

Le Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:39:37 +0800,
Chee Yang Chau <cychau@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have my WebDAV share active in Apache 2.2 in Fedora 13. I also able to
> access the WebDAV from my Windows 7 desktop. I use the WebDAV from Win7
> desktop just like normal samba share folder.
>
> However, I notice the owner and group of the new files created in WebDAV are
> all apache.apache instead my authenticated user name. In Samba share, the
> ownership of newly created files follow logon user name.
>
> Is that possible to make the newly created files in WebDAV share follow
> authenticated user id?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

  I'm interested to the futur answer too. As far as I know, your apache should have something similar to
  "suexec" to be able to create file owned by someone else the default apache user. I wonder if it's possible
  to do so. Wait & See

--
 LMJ
 "May the source be with you my young padawan"