Re: Upgrade 1.3.12 -> 2.2.16: Jserv issue ???

On 9/10/2010 12:07 PM, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2010, at 5:23 AM, Mike Schleif wrote:
>
>> SSL: move all SSL to the new frontend? No SSL running on legacy web server?
>
> Absolutely. You'll find that Apache 2.2.16 comes with mod_ssl bundled. Terminate SSL on the currently shipping server.
>
> Note that the Apache Software Foundation only ships source code: an important distinction on a platform that doesn't bundle the web server by default, and where users usually don't wield compilers. However, a build with and without SSL enabled is usually made available as a courtesy, and can be downloaded from http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi . You may also find Windows builds on sites like http://www.apachelounge.com/ .
>
> S.

Is there more to it than ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse ?

I found this:

    http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

I want this to work as simply as possible. I know that SSL moves to the NEW server. Which modules need I load? According to the above link, I think we need these:

### MUST have for Reverse Proxy
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
###

However, that link also mentions the following, which I do not find in the httpd.conf:

LoadFile    /usr/lib/libxml2.so
LoadModule  xml2enc_module       modules/mod_xml2enc.so
LoadModule  proxy_html_module    modules/mod_proxy_html.so

Please, advise.  Thank you.

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060