Re: Re: recommended setup apache/php

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Hajo Locke <hajo.locke@xxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I wouldn't put that in your /cgi-bin if I were you, or anywhere it could
>>> be invoked directly. It looks unsafe.
>
>> Well it doesn't seem to work that way, see this-
>> http://www.itech7.com/cgi-bin/php.fcgi
>
> but may be your users have ftp-access to this file and can change path to
> binary?
>
> btw, thanks for your help above. iam a little bit suprised you are not using
> directive
> AddHandler fcgid-script .php
> and
> FCGIWrapper
> like shown in the docs.
> action is part of mod_actions. i thought FCGIWrapper is a "must-have"
> directive to point to binary.
> did you also do some tests with prefork vs. worker?
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

I don't know. Actually I got to know about this method of setup by
researching a lot on google. But this seems to be more secure.
Changing the stuff. Previously I was using mod_fastcgi, so I didn't
read the docs, just continued with existing setup. But even
mod_fastcgi has a wrapper directive, but I wasn't knowing about it.
Thanks to you for pointing this out.

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan