Re: beginner problem in setting up apache2

On 2010-07-14 17:41, Tapas Mishra wrote:

>> The filename affects the order the system returns results for an
>> Include directive with a wildcard.

> Can you give a link to what you just mentioned.

Did you actually try to read any of the documentation I gave you links to?

This is documented in the documentation for the Include directive, at:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#include>

> I want to read more about how apache handles vhost so that in future I
> do not have such problems.If you know some link please share here.

Again: Did you try to read the documentation I gave you links to?

Virtual Hosts are documented at:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/>
and more specifically named base virtual hosts, wich you are currently
trying to use, are documented at:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html>

As a general rule, the Apache httpd documentation, wich can be found
through the Apache httpd home page, contains the documentation for
Apache httpd. In that documentation you can read about how to configure
Apache httpd.

The documentation for Apache httpd 2.2 is at:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/>

The Apache httpd home page is at:
<http://httpd.apache.org/>

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda