Re: beginner problem in setting up apache2

I forgot to mention in previous message why is it taking atutor as default.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/details.html
is the document I am trying to understand but a default virtualhost
thing is not clear to me.

Following lines
" the request is served from the _default_ vhost if there is such a
vhost for the port to which the client sent the request. If there is
no matching _default_ vhost the request is served from the
main_server."

does that mean I need to have following line
 ServerName default

which tells that this is the default vhost to be served.
I just got a reply from some one on a different problem
http://www.spinics.net/lists/apache-users/msg95700.html
but this is  some how related to this problem also.
I am not able to understand how does Apache sees the vhosts i.e. how
does it decided which vhost it has to serve first and which vhost it
has to serve later.