Aliased IP addressed sites load very slowly

I spent some time moving a few sites I own to a single server running a single apache2 instance. The primary site runs fast. The other sites run terribly slow for some reason. The primary site is on ETH0, and the other sites are on ETH0:1, ETH0:2, ETH0:3, etc. I’ve worked through documentation to remove all error messages and my syntax tests clean. I would post configuration files, but like I said, my configurations test good.

Server version: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)

Server built:   Mar  9 2010 21:54:09

These sites worked fine on the same server in a KVM virtualized environment. Now that I moved them to the primary host on aliased interfaces, they run poorly.

I’m not sure what information to provide that would be useful? Has anyone else experienced this problem?