Re: Apache http reverse-proxy configuration

ProxyRequests Off is the default: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyrequests

> ProxyPass /r/ http://172.17.27.186:8081/r/

You appear to be missing the Reverse Path:

ProxyPassReverse /r/ http://172.17.27.186:8081/r/

> ProxyPreserveHost On
>
> <Proxy *>
> Order deny,allow
> Allow from all
> </Proxy>

This is usually the default too...

> <Location /r/ >
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Gerrit Review Server"
> AuthUserFile passwd
> Require valid-user
> </Location>

If you're trying to get authentication to work correctly, I suggest to read
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies about reverse proxies in general
and then to adapt your setup to something like this

ProxyPass /r/ http://172.17.27.186:8081/r/
<Location /r/ >
  AuthStuffHere
  ProxyPassReverse /
</Location>

> And the configuration in gerrit.conf file is:

> [httpd]
> listenUrl = proxy-http://172.17.27.186:8081/r/
>

> When i try to access http://localhost/r/ the authentication required
> window shows up, but after authentification i get this message:
>
> "Service Temporarily Unavailable"...
>
> When i try to access http://172.17.27.186:8082/r/ i get another error:
>
> HTTP ERROR 403
>
> Problem accessing /r/login/mine. Reason: Forbidden
>
> It seems that the reverse proxy doesn't work properly.
> It's weird because i have already Nexus Server with reverse proxy in
> another Server and it works just fine...
>

> If anyone knows what's wrong let me know please.
>

> regards,
>
> Santos

So long,
--