Re: Re: Help !!! Apache HTTP process consumes high memory usage

----- "Arunkumar Janarthanan" <arunkumar.webadmin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could see its most of them from PHP and its components.
[snip]

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Arunkumar Janarthanan <
> arunkumar.webadmin@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I have build an Apache instance 2.2.15 with prefork MPM and most of
> the modules as shared. I have PHP and MYSQL installed and configured
> on this machine (MYSQL client) with this every process created by
> Apache daemon consumes 280M memory almost for each call.
>
> I am running on RHEL 5 with 5 Gig of memory when load increases on
> server it takes down the machine. Also I could see each library
> getting called thrice makes the HTTPD daemon heavy weight.
>
> Please advice how could I trim down the memory consumption by each
> process.

[snip]

Looking at my Fedora config, I see that the default MaxRequestsPerChild is 4000
which can be considered a pretty good value for running PHP.

That would've been my first shot (if on RHEL 5 that value is higher, or 0, consider
changing it: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mpm.html )

Next off is that you should consider running PHP accelerated. See: http://pecl.php.net/APC

Also, your application is also a good candidate for memory consumption.
Take a look at my writeup on that topic: http://blag.esotericsystems.at/2010/01/php-memory-abuse/

> Best Regards,
> Arun J

So long,