Re: mod_rewrite and location

10/03/29 Henrik Gemal
> I use mod_rewrite and in the root of the website I have this
> in the .htaccess file:

Hi,

mixing Location with .htaccess sounds wrong to me, as Location
should be processed before URL-to-file mapping, but .htaccess can
only be accessed after URL-to-file mapping.

Be sure to read about the rewrite base directive here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_rewrite.html

and even if you don't understand all of the details, you should
read this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/rewrite/rewrite_tech.html

Then, define a RewriteLog (see mod_rewrite documentation) and set
a RewriteLogLevel of 3 or 4 and watch carefully what's going on
inside of mod_rewrite.

This really puts you into the position of understanding the
details instead of just providing you a predefined config which
works for your special case.

But, if you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Edgar