FW: apache on windows

> I am fairly certain the 10 connections issue you bring up is for db
> connections. They don't want you to be able to use this "cheaper"
> version for a database server. We have the logins going to a different
> site via embedded link.

That might be your issue.  Also anything that The Windows Operating System
authenticates, so NTLM, SQL, almost anything they use the windows password
store for could qualify ;(

> We will review the eula though just to make sure.

Yup.  I expect you can extend the licensing, as well.

> It just doesn't make sense that the administration of the site works ok
> on a standard server, but not on the web edition.

No - it doesn't - check with the admin lists of the sql and web app solutions
you are working with.  I doubt you will find useful help on the users httpd
forum with a question this specific.
Ok, so here is another question in this area:
I just read the response to the compiler issue with 2.2.15.
So: will I get the U1703 (or similar) error using the apache2.2.15.msi package?
This will be a clean install of win webserver2008 x64.
Since I am planning (or would like) to use the "latest and greatest" versions on this install I am going to do, how do I find out what is really compatible. The 3 respective sites do not specifically qualify anything beyond base versions, which I understand since they have not been tried and proven yet. PHP 5.3 just says apache 2.2......
Anyone tried Apache 2.2.15 with PHP 5.3 and Mysql 5.1.44 yet?

Thanks for all the great information & help out there!
Brent