Re: How to block IP addresses to the whole server?

From: "Je suis la poubelle" <lapsap7@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 12 March, 2010 13:27
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  How to block IP addresses to the whole server?

    Yes, I had created hosts.deny as well (but I forgot to mention
it) but it had no effect.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 22:28, Igor Cicimov <icicimov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You need to put the ip in the hosts.deny file

From: Je suis la poubelle <lapsap7@xxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I want o blacklist some IP addresses. I don't have > iptables
installed, and I don't w...

Try this:
 http://www.mkhelif.fr/2008/06/23/apache2-systeme-de-blacklist.html

JD

Lapsap7,

What you want is a .htaccess file that blocks the IP addresses from browsing your site. Please follow the below link. You will then want to upload the generated .htaccess to your DocumentRoot to block the IP addresses.

Here is a great site:

http://www.blockacountry.com/

It automatically generates a .htaccess file that you can use to block entire
nations.

I use it, and it works great.

Thanks,
Daniel