Re: Number of https virtual hosts support under v2.0.59

On 12 March 2010 16:43, Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Jiang@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Krist
>
> I tested with Apache 2.2.15 reverse proxy with two certs on the Apache, one is real cert and the other is self-signed. The configuration is virtualhosts for ssl.
> The results that I got are:
>
> On PC client:
>
> Firefox v3.5.8 showed correct certs, one real and the other is not.
> IE 8 showed incorrect when I viewed the certs. The self-signed cert site used the real cert.
>
> On MAC client:
>
> Both Safari 4.0.4 and Firefox 3.5.2 showed correctly, one real and one self-signed cert.
>
> My question is eventually both sites will have real certs when I am done testing. Will IE 6 and above uses the correct certs or only uses one cert, may be the first virtual host listed in ssl configuration file of Apache?

Presuming you've configured SNI correctly, what operating system are
you using? Note that SNI only works with IE 7 and 8 only work when
running on Vista or higher, not with Windows XP. IE6 doesn't support
SNI at all and never will to my knowledge.

Are you putting this on a live site to be accessed by unknown users on
the internet? If so, basically, don't. Most users on the internet will
not be running an SNI-capable browser.

-- Phil.