Number of https virtual hosts support under v2.0.59

Hi, all

How many https virtual hosts supported under Apache v2.0.59? I can't test with v2.2.14 since the bug I just filed.

On my Solaris 10, Apache 2.0.59 reverse proxy server, I have a https virtual host defined with a real certificate from a CA and forward https traffic to a backend server (different server). I have multiple http reverse proxy servers defined but only one https reverse proxy server defined. The https session is redirected from http session and it works.

Now I'd like to add another test https reverse proxy server with a self signed certificate which the traffic will be redirected from internet client's http session and communicate with the backend server (different server) with http traffic. In my ssl.conf file, I basically did copy and paste the configuration from the one that works, append the configuration at the bottom of the ssl.conf and made necessary changes. The configuration test passed fine.

When I started "apachectl startssl", it prompts me for the pass phrase with the self signed one and it never prompts for the real certificate's pass phrase. I was expecting two pass phrase prompts, one for each https server.

I used Firefox to access self-signed site and it prompts that certificate does not match. The detail of the certificate shows the certificate used for the session is the real certificate not self-signed one. When I access the site that has real certificate and it works correct. The problem happens on IE 6 also.

So I wonder whether Apache 2.0.59 supports more than one https reverse proxy setup? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.