Re: FIPS 140_2 compliant for mod_proxy?

Thanks for the response.

Yes, we are running apache acting as an SSL client. And yes I am saying that
apache is running as a proxy that forwards towards an HTTPS server.

It does communicate in SSL so there is no issue with the SSL directives in
the config. But for your interest here are the pertinent lines we have in
the proxy.conf file:

        SSLProxyEngine on
        SSLProxyProtocol all

The issue is FIPS 140-2 compliance. As a server, apache runs SSL in FIPS
140-2 compliance, but does not run SSL in FIPS 140-2 compliance as a client.
As stated in the early post the FIPS 140-2 patch was applied but does not
seem to have an affect on apache when acting as a client as a proxy.

This is a FIPS 140-2 compliance issue not an SSL issue. The SSL
communication is fine.

Thank you.