Re: Bugs or problem?

On Feb 24, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

> Well, I posted the problem two weeks ago and nobody responded. I will do it again.

I'm sorry. I missed that.

> 2. The problem that I have now is:
>
> Solaris 10, Apache 2.2.14 reverse proxy --> HPUX 11.23, Apache 2.0.59, Tomcat 5.5 AJP --> Oracle DB
>
> The web sites are having user login page. Once the users enter their user names and passwords, the page does not refresh itself to tell the users that they have logged in. Rather the web page still shows login page until the users click F5 to refresh the web page and then the web page shows the users are logged in. The same happened when the users logged out.
>
> Now I tested with this setup:
>
> Solaris 10, Apache 2.0.59 reverse proxy --> HPUX 11.23, Apache 2.0.59, Tomcat 5.5 AJP --> Oracle DB
>
> The problem went away.
>
> Note those Apache are pre-compiled either by HP or internet, I did not compile myself although I can. At the time the latest version compiled by HP was Apache 2.2.8.

The use of the term "login page" makes me wonder if maybe the error lies at some higher layer than Apache. Apache implements authentication in ways that don't involve a "login page", and so presumably this login page is from some third-party application, or something you have coded yourself, Is there a HTTP Redirect involved in this page refresh, or is it a AJAX action? Can you watch the traffic (either something like Firebug, or something on the server) to observe what's happening, and where the message is getting dropped?