Re: Apache 1.3 OS X 10.4 help

Jonathan Zuckerman wrote:
                        From: "Rupert Reid" <isinglive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                    What I want to achieve is that when
                                    a browser clicks on http://
                                    80.189.101.120/isinglive/rosario.php
                                    <http://80.189.101.120/isinglive/rosario.php>,
                                    I want apache to send  http://
                                    isinglive.co.uk/rosario.php
                                    <http://isinglive.co.uk/rosario.php>
                                    to the browser (not the  former) or if
                                    http://80.189.101.120/cantoenvivo/filosofia.php
                                    is  clicked show
                                    http://cantoenvivo.com/filosofia.php.

                                    How can I get apache to do
                                    dynamically this dynamically for each
                                    virtual domain?

                                    It is really important for me that
                                    the URL as described is sent  to
                                      the browser - without it browsers
                                    cannot bookmark pages.

                                    If there is any more information
                                    that you need to help with this
                                    please let me know and i will post it.

Cutt the crap .... then people might realize who is asking and who is answering

    Im not doing anything weird at all.  I am going to each page, and
    bringing down the book mark menu and selecting Bookmark This Page
    and then select Done on the window.

I'm saying your webpage is weird, can you explain why your links are
using the IP instead of the hostname?

Jonathan ... Daniel is just trying to help Robert out.
It is Robert that has the 'weird webpages', and I suspect is is because he is unable to view his pages locally because a third party is providing the dns mapping.

Robert ... first thing to do is replace the ip addresses with the proper host address http://80.189.101.120/isinglive/ -> http://isinglive.co.uk/ then at least we have the page looking right. This may give you a problem LOOKING at the site from your machine, in which case adding
80.189.101.120 isinglive.co.uk
to the 'host' file should get around that problem, but the /isinglive/ bit will then be a problem locally, but that is the bit apache virtual hosts should be taking care of. Before I had proper dns serving of my own website I used to have to look at it from the outside. I could not see it properly inside my IP address ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL